I am excited to be off to live in another country but I have really enjoyed my time living in Richmond, Virginia. Herewith a list of things I will miss about living in Richmond:
- The lovely friends I have made here.
- My mentor, who became a very good friend.
- Our lab students, some unique but lovely characters there.
- My cute little apartment – you were a good home.
- The guy I was seeing for a brief time here – I will miss you despite my better judgement.
- The noise of the cicadas in the evening – this always reminded me that I was living in a strange tropical place and having an adventure.
- TV ads for “Christian Mingle”. Just because. Hilarious.
- The dramatic newsreaders on the local evening news.
- The glorious summer weather (though not the sweatiness when it was too hot).
- All the cool shops and bars in the Fan and on Cary Street within walking distance of my apartment – you made living here without a car do-able.
- Zipcar – I am sad that they do not have you in Victoria.
- Byrd and Westhampton Theaters.
- Randolph Pool.
- Belmont library.
- Shockoe Bottom.
- The huge portions at all the yummy restaurants in my neighbourhood. Once I learnt how to do the to-go box thing correctly you fed me for days.
- Dancing salsa at Havana 59 – I’m sorry I discovered you so late.
- Being so close to NYC, DC, and the beach – I loved visiting you.